- We are an authorized Conn-Selmer, Gemeinhardt, and Yamaha band instrument dealer for Vermont and New Hampshire. We have quality brass, woodwind, percussion, and string instruments.
- Our easy-to- understand plan offers low monthly rates and a one- time only repair plan fee.
- Six certified instrument repair technicians work at Ellis Music, providing the best services in New England with quick turnaround and quality repairs.
- Ellis Music representatives provide the best and most consistent service, with regular visits to schools throughout Vermont and New Hampshire from August through June.
- Ellis Music is (and has always been) a local, family owned business whose tax dollars help support the economies of Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Ellis Music contributes thousands of dollars annually in support of local and statewide educational and cultural organizations.
Ellis Music rents instruments to students and individuals throughout Vermont and New Hampshire. Renting is a great way to try an instrument without making a large financial investment and has additional benefits as well. If you decide you want to switch instruments, your rental instrument can be easily exchanged for a different instrument. The instrument can be returned if you decide to stop playing. And while you rent, most repairs are covered at no charge when you sign up for the optional repair and replacement plan.
Ellis Music's rental plan makes playing (and eventually owning!) an instrument affordable. For the equivalent of as little as 60 cents per day, you can have a quality instrument in your hands or those of your child. Rental payments you make accrue as "rent credit" that applies toward the purchase of your rental instrument or a new intermediate/professional model instrument.
Our "repair and replacement" plan keeps your mind at ease by guaranteeing that the instrument will be replaced if stolen or destroyed in a fire and the instrument will be repaired at no cost while you are renting. (Refer to the rental agreement for specific coverage details, limitations, and customer responsibilities.)
For instructions on returning an instrument, please see our FAQ
- Minimum commitment: 2 months for students, 3 months for adults
- Monthly Cost: $18-$45 per month for most instruments
- Repair & Replacement Plan: one-time only charge of $5-$15 (depending on instrument) covers instrument for entire rental period!
- For a list of rental instruments available, see our Instrument page
For more information about our rental program, please call (802) 234-6400